Keeping your house clean may not be the best task, but it is fundamental. One of the areas that needs regular cleaning is the floor. Speaking of floors, there are different types of floors, with laminate flooring being one of them.
When it comes to cleaning the laminate floor, you need to have the right tool, especially if you want it to last long. Among the tools you need is a mop, and it is not just any other mop; you need the best steam mop for carpet and hard floors.
When it comes to choosing a mop for laminate floors, you will encounter a lot of brands that make these tools, and it can be easier to get confused as to which is the right one for your house.
That’s why we have compiled this guide to help you choose the mop for the laminate floor. Most of the mops we have reviewed here are made to last long thanks to their build.
So, Why Should You Invest In the Mop for Laminate Floors?
- 0.1 So, Why Should You Invest In the Mop for Laminate Floors?
- 0.2 Quick List of The Top 10 Best Steam Mop For Carpet And Hard Floors:
- 0.3 1. Bissell PowerFresh Lift-Off Pet Steam Mop, Steamer
- 0.4 2. Microfiber Mop Floor Cleaning System
- 0.5 3. Bona Stone, Tile & Laminate Floor Premium Spray Mop
- 0.6 4. Aootek Upgraded Stainless Steel Deluxe 360 Spin Mop
- 0.7 5. Homitt Electric Mop Floor Spin Scrubber Floor Mop
- 0.8 6. BISSELL Spinwave Powered Hardwood Floor Mop and Cleaner
- 0.9 7. SWDK Innovative Electric Handheld Cordless Mop Floor Cleaning
- 0.10 8. Oreck Commercial Orbiter Floor Machine
- 0.11 9. Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner Machine
- 0.12 10. JASHEN M12 Cordless Spinwave Mop
- 1 How to Choose The Best Mop for Your Laminate Floor
- 2 Factors To Consider When Buying The Best Steam Mop For Carpet And Hard Floors
- 3 Styles of Best Mop For Laminate Floors
- 4 FAQs
- 5 Final Thoughts:
You should invest in the perfect steam mop for laminate floors because of the following reason;
- The mop for a laminate floor
- Keeps your floor clean and free of dirt and dust
- It makes your laminate floor shine again and looks like new
- It helps to deep clean and takes stubborn stains and dirt away
- With the perfect mop for laminate wood floors, you can preserve your wooden floor and restore its original shine
- Helps you to maintain hygiene in your home and make your cleaning work easier
Now that you are convinced that buying the best steam mop for carpet and hard floors, let’s briefly talk about how to pick the right one for your house cleaning job.
Quick List of The Top 10 Best Steam Mop For Carpet And Hard Floors:
- Best Bissell Steam Mop Cleaner: Bissell PowerFresh Lift-Off Pet Steam Mop
- Best Floor Steamer Cleaner: Microfiber Mop Floor Cleaning System
- Best Premium Steam Cleaner: Bona Stone, Tile & Laminate Floor Premium Spray Mop
- Best Kitchen Floor Cleaner: Aootek Upgraded Stainless Steel Deluxe 360 Spin Mop
- Best Carpet Steamer Cleaner: Homitt Electric Mop Floor Spin Scrubber Floor Mop
- Best Electric Mop Floor Cleaner: BISSELL Spinwave Powered Hardwood Floor Mop and Cleaner
- Best Handheld Carpet Cleaner: SWDK Innovative Electric Handheld Cordless Mop Floor Cleaning
- Best Commercial Floor Cleaner: Oreck Commercial Orbiter Floor Machine
- Best Steam Cleaning Machine: Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner Machine
- Best Floor Steamer Mop: JASHEN M12 Cordless Spinwave Mop
1. Bissell PowerFresh Lift-Off Pet Steam Mop, Steamer
- The Product Dimensions: 13.2 x 11.14 x 44.7 inches
- Weight of this Product: 10.43 pounds
- Product Manufacturer: BISSELL HOMECARE INC.
- Product Model Number: 1544A
If you have a pet, then floors are not the only surfaces you need to clean regularly and sanitize in your house. The versatility of the 1544a PowerFresh lift-off enables you to clean your floors easily, countertops, shelves, windows, and other elevated areas where pets are likely to leave fur, dirty paw prints, saliva, etc.
A best Bissell steam mop cleaner for laminate floors needs to have a reasonable heat-up time to save your time. This Bissell Lift-Off has 1,500 watts’ power wattage, which gives it a heat-up time of 30 seconds only.
Its heat-ready indicator lets you know once the steam generator is heated up and ready for use.
Its floor head is 13-inches wide, making it cover a large surface with a single swipe. Besides, its swiveling action enables you to clean around obstacles without moving them.
It comes with a 90-degree mop handle, which is well-cushioned to protect you from blisters, while the handle of the pod bears a curvature that aligns with the palm of your hand, consequently strengthening your grip, making it comfortable to use.
Its pod can be detached by just pressing the lift-off button and pulling the pod from the mop. Once separated, you can use the steam pod to clean elevated areas, including shelves and sofas.
The Bissell Lift-Off disks are scented to eliminate any odor that might have been on these surfaces.
- Powerful and versatile
- The Lift-off steam pod is detachable
- Comes with Scented Disks
- Has a Swivel Head
- Comes with a machine washable and reusable microfiber cleaning pad
- The power cord is only 25-feet long
- It is heavy
2. Microfiber Mop Floor Cleaning System
- The Item Dimensions: 60 x 4 x 17 inches
- Item Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Item Manufacturer: Turbo Mops
- Item Model Number: Turbo-Mops-18
Are you shopping for an eco-friendly mop? If yes, then you need to consider buying a microfiber mop, preferably the Floor Cleaning System by Turbo.
Microfiber mops are eco-friendly since they are reusable up to 100 times, and they also effectively clean while using little to no chemicals.
The Turbo Floor Cleaning System has two microfiber refills and two extra scrubbing pads to ensure deep cleaning. It also uses a single pad for both wet and dry cleaning, making it convenient, unlike other mops where the wet and dry pads are separated.
Bending to clean can affect your posture or cause back pain. It is for this reason that this Turbo mop has a telescoping handle that is adjustable between 30 and 60 inches, allowing the disabled, elderly, sick, and tall people to customize it for comfort and less fatigue.
The adjustable handle is made of aluminum alloy, making it durable and lightweight, thus ideal for cleaning walls and other hard-to-reach surfaces.
It has a swiveling head that rotates the mop 360-degrees, making it highly effective in cleaning windows, walls, ceilings, underneath furniture, etc.
- It is a cheap yet high-quality
- It is Environmental-friendly
- It can be used whether wet or dry
- Lightweight cleaning system ideal for kids as well as adults
- Has long-lasting, reusable microfiber pads
- Comes with a telescoping handle
- It is available in 2 sizes; 11 and 17 inches
- Doesn’t allow the use of own pads/wipes
3. Bona Stone, Tile & Laminate Floor Premium Spray Mop
- The Item Dimensions: 28.44 x 5.75 x 4.5 inches
- Product Weight: 5.8 pounds
- The Manufacturer: Bona
- Item Model Number: WM710013571
If you are looking for a quality, versatile spray mop for hard-surface floors, then you need to consider the Stone, Tile & Laminate Floor Premium Spray Mop by Bona. This has become a famous brand for offering top-notch cleaning equipment and products.
Its 34oz cleaner tank is refillable, thus saving you money by allowing you to buy your cleaning solutions in bulk.
The streak-free, rinse-free cleaning technique makes this spray mop effective in removing dirt, dust, and mud, leaving your floors sparkling clean.
Another benefit of this Bona spray mop is that it saves your time and energy thanks to its large mop head, which covers a broad cleaning surface in a single swipe.
The head edges are soft and covered in rubber to avoid damaging the furniture and other delicate surfaces it may come into contact with when you are cleaning.
This spray mop, specially designed for optimal cleaning and care of hard-surface floors, has a comfortable secondary grip, which gives the cleaner extra cleaning power for stubborn dirt patches.
Lastly, it’s manually powered lever-action trigger is easy to operate even for the light-gripers and economical, unlike other designs that use batteries to power the mop’s spray action.
- It is light-weight making it easy to use and move around
- Comes with a removable easy to refill cleaner dispenser and a microfiber cleaning pad which is machine washable
- Its hook is collapsible for ease of storage
- It has an extra-large mop
- It is pricey
- Bona cleaning solutions can be challenging to find
4. Aootek Upgraded Stainless Steel Deluxe 360 Spin Mop
- The Product Dimensions: 19.5 x 12 x 12 inches
- Weight of this Product: 5.84 pounds
- Product Manufacturer: O-Cedar
- Product Model Number: 150909
In this day and age, finding time to rest is proving difficult. Therefore, everyone needs tools and equipment that save time and energy; the 360-degree newly designed spin mop by Aootek does precisely that.
A spin mop should make the bathroom, lobby, and kitchen floor cleaning efficient without straining your back. Thus, you need to ensure that you choose a mop whose handle is adjustable to the most comfortable mopping position for your body.
The handle of the Aootek 360 Spin upgraded spin mop can be easily adjusted between 45 and 180 degrees, thus providing you with the comfort you need.
It comes with an extra thin microfiber mop, which is highly absorbent, making it highly effective in absorbing odors and thoroughly cleaning the floors causing no damage. The mop is also machine washable, and it can be re-used many times without wearing it out.
The bucket is self-wringing, thus keeping your hands clean and dry. The bucket’s splash guard also keeps water inside the bucket when drying the mop, making the bucket more comfortable to use.
Besides, it lacks pedals, a spinning axis, and wheels, which makes it eliminate leakage and spillage, which results from damage or breakage of those parts.
- Its design makes it highly efficient in cleaning floors
- It has a 360-degree machine-washable mop head
- Comes with a stainless steel adjustable handle, making it flexible and durable
- It is manually powered reducing your power utility bill
- Comes with three extra microfiber refills
- The spinner may become faulty after some time
- The mop lacks a swivel on the rod making it heavier than other models
5. Homitt Electric Mop Floor Spin Scrubber Floor Mop
- The Product Dimensions: 47.2 x 15.7 x 3.2 inches
- Item Weight: 6.9 pounds
- Manufacturer: vmai
- Item model number: T690
If you are a homeowner who is tired of carrying a bucket and wringing your mop to get the cleaning done in your house, then you need to consider buying this high-quality multipurpose cordless electric mop by Homitt.
Even with a machine, cleaning can be strenuous. You need a scrubber that gets the work done without risking your health. This Homitt cordless scrubber comes with a 90-degree rotatable rod, making cleaning faster and easier.
The rod is also extendable in the middle, thus helping you adjust its length to fit various cleaning needs without straining your back.
The extendable rod and small footprint make storage easier. Being a cordless and lightweight scrubber makes maneuvering easy.
It also has a fast-spinning spray mop, which makes this floor scrubber highly effective in getting rid of grime, dust, and stains, leaving the floor surfaces super clean.
In addition, it has a powerful battery that enables you to clean continuously for almost an hour before recharging it. The battery is fast charging as it only requires about four hours to fully charge.
Lastly, it comes with a 0.3 liters’ water tank at its bottom to facilitate spray function.
- Very Light-weight and cordless
- Ideal for households with limited storage space
- Its fast-spinning mop makes cleaning tough stains quick and easy
- It has a 90-degree rotating mop rod, which is also extendable on the middle part
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Not very powerful compared to corded ones, thus not ideal for stubborn patches
- It is costly to purchase
6. BISSELL Spinwave Powered Hardwood Floor Mop and Cleaner
- Product Dimensions: 8 x 16 x 45 inches
- Product Weight: 9.5 pounds
- The Manufacturer: BISSELL HOMECARE INC.
- Item Model Number: 2039A
If you suffer from backache, then you need a mop that subjects you to little or no physical strain. The Bissell Spinwave 2039A spinning action is designed to enable you to use it with as little effort as possible.
When choosing your cleaning equipment, one of the best dust mop for laminate floors items you need to consider is the durability and ease of washing the mop to reduce your long-run costs.
The cleaning pads of the Bissell Spinwave 2039A mop are washable in a dishwasher’s top rack or a washing machine. With proper maintenance, they can also be re-used for up to 1 year, thus saving your money.
In addition, it comes with two cleaning pads; a scrubby one with bristles for heavy-duty cleaning, and a soft one for light-duty cleaning.
Its on-demand spray trigger on the handle helps you control the amount of cleaning solution dispensed at anyone time.
Its 2 spinning pads rotate in opposite directions, so you do not need to move the mop in different directions to get rid of tough stains.
The spinning stops when you place the mop upright, which allows you to stop cleaning mid-away and attend to other urgent tasks.
- Ideal for both light and heavy-duty cleaning
- It is light-weight and self-propelling, making it ideal for people with backache problem
- Has swivel head
- Comes with 2 counter-rotating mop heads
- Its washing pads are reusable and machine washable
- Comes with two bottles of cleaning liquid and 2 extra cleaning pads
- Hard to use in cleaning beneath low furniture
- It only uses Bissell for cleaning liquids or water.
7. SWDK Innovative Electric Handheld Cordless Mop Floor Cleaning
- Item Dimensions: 11.8 x 10.6 x 1.9 inches
- Item Weight: 5 pounds
If you need a lightweight, easy to handle mop that can clean stubborn patches, then SWDK cordless electric mop has been designed with you in mind.
This mop comes with an inbuilt 2000mAh battery that lasts for about 50 minutes when used continuously. Its three power indicators show the battery usage at 100%, 65%, and 30%, which helps you estimate the cleaning time you have left for proper planning.
This SWDK electric mop has a high-power frequency, making the mop highly efficient in ensuring a thorough cleaning.
It uses a reciprocating sliding technique to remove both the superfine dirt particles and stubborn dirt patches while protecting your floor finish. The mopping pads are made of degradable materials, and thus its disposal is environmentally friendly.
It has an LED light detector located in front of the mop, which illuminates dust and stains, especially in dark areas.
Its one-hand grip is long and has a flexible rotary handle to enable you to stay upright while using the mop, therefore, protecting your back. This grip is connected to the host via the Cardan joint method, making rotation from all angles possible.
Lastly, it has the regular mopping pad, besides a soft fiber for absorbing water and a hard spiral fiber for cleaning dirt. The fibers are arranged in opposite directions, making cleaning of stubborn patches easy.
- It is lightweight and easy to handle
- Suitable for all types of hard surfaces
- It is ideal for removing stubborn patches
- Has high rubbing frequency
- Its built-in battery can last for almost 1 hour of continuous cleaning
- It makes noise
8. Oreck Commercial Orbiter Floor Machine
- Product Dimensions: 49.6 x 13.6 x 9.7 inches
- Item Weight: 33 pounds
- Product Manufacturer: ORECK Commercial
- Item Model Mumber: ORB550MC
If you are looking for a multipurpose commercial floor machine, then you need to consider the Oreck ORB550MC Commercial Orbiter. Oreck is ranked as one of the best and most purchased cleaning equipment brands, and there is a good reason for this.
This floor machine can be used with various accessories, such including pads, brushes, bonnet, and cleaning solutions.
This versatility makes it useful as a floor cleaner, scrubber, polisher, and as a buffer too. Its orbiter oscillates in a sweeping motion, making Oreck ORB550MC Orbiter the easiest to use and maintain commercial floor machines in this industry.
The 175 revolutions per minute oscillation motion also makes it excellent in buffing floors without leaving gouges, sand marks, brush marks, and swirls, thus restoring the faded beauty of your hard-floor surfaces.
This Oreck Orbiter comes with a 50-foot long power code that enables you to clean a larger surface without changing the power outlets than other machines with shorter power codes.
Although it is heavy (weighs 24 pounds), it is easy to move and use due to its fingertip control tool.
Whether your floors are wood, marble, tiles, vinyl, or carpet, the Oreck Orbiter ensures maximum cleaning and protection of the floors.
- Affordable compared to other orbiters
- Comes with a 13-inch cleaning path
- Ideal for all kinds of floor surfaces
- Cost-friendly due to low electric consumption
- Easy to use even to beginners and low maintenance
- Comes with a long power code; 50-foot
- Its brushes, scrubbers, pads, and cleaning solutions are sold separately
- It only supports 120V
9. Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner Machine
- The Item Dimensions: 14.4 x 12.8 x 32.8 inches
- Item Weight: 13.8 pounds
- Item Manufacturer: Hoover
- Item Model Number: FH40160PC
If you are looking for a best steam cleaner that is effective in cleaning sealed hard floor surfaces, then the Hoover FloorMate Deluxe FH40160PC model is worth consideration.
With four counter-rotating brushes, this bare floor cleaner removes grime and dust, leaving your floors sparkling clean.
Its dual tank system prevents clean and dirty water from mixing. Clean water is sprayed from one tank onto the floors, and then the dirty water is sucked into the other tank.
Always ensure that you switch off this bare cleaner if you need to refill or empty the water tanks when cleaning. The 48 once water tank capacity is enough to clean 400 square feet.
This Hoover FH40160PC has a clean steam control that allows you to apply additional cleaning solutions, especially in high-traffic areas, which are prone to stubborn stains.
It also has a selection wash mode, which uses brushes to clean while sucking up excess water as the dry mode stops brushes to suck up excess water and reduce drying time.
Lastly, this bare floor cleaner can allow you to clean while standing, thus preventing you from straining your back.
- It is lightweight; only weighs 14 pounds
- It comes with a separate brush for delicate surfaces
- It has a clean boost to allow you to use extra detergent on stubborn patches
- Has separate tanks for clean and dirty water, making cleaning easier
- 48 once the tank
- Its power code is only 20-foot long
- Can’t be used to vacuum
- It can only be used on sealed surfaces and can cause damage to floors with gaps in between
10. JASHEN M12 Cordless Spinwave Mop
- The Product Dimensions: 12.2 x 7.87 x 46.46 inches
- Product Weight: 5.51 Pounds
- Item Manufacturer: JASHEN
Keeping your home/office clean is crucial to your operations and health. The Jashen M12 cordless electric mop gives you the convenience of using the power of steam cleaner handheld without having to worry about the length of the power cord or the proximity of the nearest power outlet.
A mop is supposed to save your time and energy for other productive activities. This Jashen electric mop is self-propelling and uses self-cleaning technology, making it time and energy-saving while still giving you value for your money.
Its ergonomic design makes it easy to use without necessarily having to bend, which protects your back.
In terms of cleaning, Jashen M12 cordless mop is equipped with a 300 ml water tank, so that you don’t need a bucket.
The microfiber rollers are electrically driven at above 600 revolutions per minute, which, when combined with its 25 kPa ground pressure, makes the mop highly effective in removing dirt.
It comes with a 2600mAh light and long life lithium-ion battery that allows you it use it for about continuous 40 minutes when fully charged.
The fact that it is cordless makes it great for cleaning congested areas while still eliminating the dangers that come with using a machine when plugged into a power socket.
- It is cordless, making maneuvering easy
- It uses self-cleaning technology
- Ideal for deep cleaning
- Its storage station is also used to clean the rollers
- It uses with any detergent
- It Not ideal for commercial cleaning as it can only last for about 40 minutes before required to be recharged
Viola! Those are the top mops for laminate floors. Let’s now talk about several things about choosing these mops to help you make a better choice.
How to Choose The Best Mop for Your Laminate Floor
We will talk extensively about this later on, but let’s talk about the things you need to look for in a mop for laminate floors;
Their Cleaning Technology:
Mops use different technologies to clean. There are those that use steam, others use detergent, and others clean through vacuuming.
In terms of price, the vacuum mop for laminate floors is the priciest, while detergent-based ones are the cheapest. Steam-based cleaners are the mid-priced models when it comes to the best steam mop for carpet and hard floors solution for laminate floors.
Therefore, you should make a choice as to which one suits you. We will talk about these three types of mop floors and their benefits later on in this guide.
Why should you consider design when choosing a mop for your laminate floor? Well, this is because you are supposed to clean your house thoroughly, including in the corners and nooks of your house.
The design of the map should help you reach the corners of your house. Also, you should also look for a mop with an adjustable handle to enable you to clean different areas of your house.
The price-quality ratio should play a great role in choosing mop for the laminate wood floor. As we have already mentioned, detergent-based mops are the cheapest, while vacuum-based mops are the priciest of them all.
However, this is not mean that you should go for the most expensive. You can still pick the right mop at a budget-friendly price.
Now that you have an idea on how to choose the right mop, let’s review the top 10 best steam mop for carpet and hard floors on the market today;
Factors To Consider When Buying The Best Steam Mop For Carpet And Hard Floors
When looking for a mop to clean your laminate flooring, you will encounter mops with different capabilities and features. Here are important considerations to keep in mind;
High-end mops should have a microfiber head. It is the most efficient cleaning material. Why? Because it is not abrasive, and thus will not scratch on your precious laminate floor.
Also, it can absorb dirt and liquid of considerable weight as it traps in debris and dirt. In addition to this, microfiber also reduces bacteria.
And the fact that microfiber material is positively charged makes it more efficient at attracting dust particles and other debris than other materials that are negatively charged.
All these features make the microfiber head a great feature to look out for when looking for a mop to do the work for you.
No one wants a handle that is weak. Irrespective of how comfortable it is, you want a handle that has great construction. If you want a mop that will last for a long, you will need one made of durable material such as stainless steel or aluminum.
These materials are durable, good-looking, and sturdy. And in terms of lightweight nature, aluminum is lighter than stainless steel.
You can also choose a handle made from ABS plastic. It is also lightweight and quite durable.
Size of The Head:
No one likes to mop, which is why you need to get a mop that will enable you to do the job fast. The larger the mop head, the larger the surface area it will cover. A mop with a large head size will make cleaning quicker, especially if you are cleaning a large area.
However, if you are just looking for the best mop for laminate wood floors to clean small spaces or your room has too many tight corners, you can get a mop with a small head.
Weight, Mobility, And Flexibility:
Although the lightest mop doesn’t always have to be the best, it is important to look for a mop that is not heavy. Already, floor mopping is labor-intensive work, and thus a heavy mop will make the job harder.
Besides, you don’t want a mop, that will be hard to move from one place to another.
To aid in movement, you should go for a mop with adjustable handles. The ability to adjust your handle when mopping will ensure that you do your work easily.
No one wants to touch a wet, dirty mop pad, which is why you should go for one with innovative features such as lever-action releases that allow you to drop the mop pad into a laundry or garbage basket, without having to touch the mop pad.
In addition, an adjustable handle enables you to reduce or increase its size to enable you to mop comfortably. The mop for laminate floors should not have a one-size-fits-all design; they should be flexible to suit different people.
Also, it also needs to allow swiveling action to make it easier for you to mop behind toilet bowls and furniture with ease.
Price Versus Features:
You need a mop that will give you good value for your money. While there are many mops with different features out there, functionality tends to be paramount. The more sophisticated a mop is, the higher the chances of it failing.
Yes, whistles and bells can draw more attention, but you should consider functionality more instead of a number of features. After all, you need a mop that can help you do your work with ease.
Styles of Best Mop For Laminate Floors
When choosing the best mop for laminate floors, there are several types at your disposal. You want to choose a mop that doesn’t require a lot of water to complete the cleaning job.
As you already know, too much water ruins your laminate floor, and you obviously do not want that to happen. Also, too little water means your floor will not clean properly. This means you have to get the right balance.
There is a wide variety of mops you can choose from depending on your needs. Here are the different styles of laminate floor mops you can opt to buy;
If all you need is a mop that can clean daily dust off your floor in your home, you should go for a basic dust mop. You will not need to get this mop wet, as it is tailor made for laminate flooring.
There are different styles of dust mops you can pick from, but the most popular ones are those that use single-use cloths that are electrically charged.
These clothes are specially designed to pick up dust, dirt, hair, pet dander, and other little bits of debris on the floor. They will pick what a traditional broom won’t pick.
These mops are easy to use and ideal for daily cleanup. They are a brilliant choice. If you pick the best steam mop for carpet and hard floors, you will have an easier time keeping your floor and house clean.
If you need a mop that can do more than picking dust and dirt, then a spray mop may suit you as it does a little bit of good scrubbing.
The spray mops are similar to dry mops as most feature single-use cloths. Some feature microfiber mopping cloths that you can wash and re-use.
Using this type of mop is easy as you just want to attach a piece of cloth to the mop head and press the handle to release the detergent. The spray assists in loosening up the sticky grime and dirt on the floors.
If you have pets, little kids, or you always want to clean your floors thoroughly, the steam mop will do a great job on your laminate flooring.
Not only are these mops great at killing hidden germs, but they also clean your laminate to perfection.
All you need is to fill your reservoir with water and plug in your mop, then give it time to heat for a few moments before you mop. Steam mops have mopping pads that can be washed and reused.
The best thing with steam mops is that they do not need you to use toxic, harmful chemicals, as they only need heated water to do this.
Spin mops are a superb choice, especially when you need to clean your floor thoroughly. After you vacuum, you can use a spin mop to do the cleaning work to perfection.
Spin mops are a superb choice for laminate flooring since they do not use too much like traditional mops. A spin mop spins out excesses solution left by your vacuum cleaner to prevent your laminate floor from damage.
What Features Should A High-End Mop For Laminate Floors Have?
Well, since premium models come at a higher price, you expect them to offer more convenience. Some models are fitted with microfiber mop brushes or pads that can clean, vacuum, and even polish with a push of a button.
Some also come with steam technology that allows you to clean and kill germs on your laminate floor at the same time. However, keep in mind that not all laminate flooring support steam-based cleaning, which is why you should get a mop with adjustable steam settings to help you clean sensitive laminate floors.
They can also have additional mop pads to help you track different steam mopping tasks and floor-sweeping.
What Is The Maximum Lifespan Of A Mop?
The lifespan of a mop for laminate floors ranges widely from one product to another. Most simple stick mops can last for even a decade or more, as long as you keep them in a safe place and use them gently.
Mop pads are the weakest and they only tend to last for a year before they call for a replacement.
Also, the fancier the features, the more likely there will be a malfunction of one of the parts at some point.
To ensure that your mop will serve you for a long time, make sure that it comes with a commendable warranty of one or two years to cover any issues that may pop up.
You should also keep your mops clean and free of mineral build-ups. Use distilled water as tap water may cause mineral build-ups, which will reduce your mop’s lifespan.
Another thing to do to keep so as to extend the lifespan of your mop is to keep the microfiber mop pads dry and clean. You can easily wash and dry these pads to make them easier to reuse.
And if the floor is too dirty, use a pressure sprayer to do the job instead of overworking your mop.
What Cleaning Solution Should One Use With A Steam Mop For Carpet And Hard Floors?
Water is possibly the best option when it comes to cleaning laminate floors. Since the dust mop for laminate floors is most likely to come with microfiber pads, you will not need any cleaning solutions.
Hot water can be a great choice, but make sure it is not boiling to prevent damaging your laminate floor. Spray hot water in the affected areas (those with stuck-on dirt) before mopping.
You can also use some vinegar to aid in cleaning, but this will leave your house smelling vinegar. If you want to use a cleaner, there are some cleaning solutions designed for laminate floors.
These cleaning solutions are usually environmentally friendly, but you need to do some research to know the right ones.
Where Can I Get Replacement Parts Of A Mop Such As Pads?
There is a wide selection of both washable and disposable mop pads you can get from local home improvement stores and online retailers.
It is easy to find brand-specific and generic pads for the majority of the mops we have reviewed in this post. Make sure to check the measurements to know if the mop pad will fit.
In the end, choosing the best steam mop for carpet and hard floors is not as challenging as it seems. Any mop can get the cleaning job done, but it takes top-rated mops like the ones we have reviewed here to give you a good value for your money, versatility, and extra efficiency. These mops make the cleaning job easier and more enjoyable.
We cannot emphasize the importance of a good laminate floor enough. With the right mop for laminate floors, you can be able to keep your home in pristine condition.
All the above mops will do a great job and give you good value for your money. We do hope our guide has helped you choose the right mop. Get one for your home and see for yourself!
- How to Clean Your Carpet With a Steam Mop: https://ohsospotless.com/how-to-clean-carpets-with-steam-mops/
- How to Clean Floors Efficiently With a Steam Mop: https://www.thespruce.com/use-steam-mop-1909047
- Everything You Need to Know About Steam Mops: https://www.marthastewart.com/8037927/steam-mop-cleaning-tips