Keeping your home flooring clean and sanitary is essential. Babies and young children love to be on the floor and pet soiling and muddy marks need to be dealt with on an almost continual basis in the active family property.
Floor cleaning, beyond getting out the dustpan and brush, broom, or best vacuum and mop combo for laminate floors needs to be thorough to keep your flooring well maintained and build confidence that your tiling or lino is hygienic.
Time also is of a premium, so if you are a busy householder with an even busier family, you will look for a quick and convenient solution that works effectively to get your flooring clean.
As with most household tasks, for cleaning, the routine is everything, and building a simple schedule of maintenance and deep cleaning should mean that your flooring surfaces remain clean and presentable at all times.
Balance the day-to-day clearing of dirt and dust with periodic deep cleaning and detailing of your floors with specialist cleaning equipment and techniques that will bring the best out of your flooring and prolong its lifespan.
Typically, deep cleaning of your home’s flooring should be undertaken on at least a fortnightly basis and high wear areas like the bathroom or kitchen where splashes, moisture, food crumbs, and germs can multiple need special care and attention.
Comparison Table of Vacuum And Mop Combo For Laminate Floors in 2022
- 1 Comparison Table of Vacuum And Mop Combo For Laminate Floors in 2022
- 2 Quick Look: Top 6 Best Vacuum And Mop Combo For Laminate Floors
- 2.1 Just what is a vacuum steam mop combo?
- 2.2 Types Of Vacuum And Mop Combo For Laminate Floors
- 2.3 1. BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop
- 2.4 2. Steam Mop Cleaner Therma Pro 10-in-1
- 2.5 3. Shark Steam Pocket Mop Hard Floor Cleaner
- 2.6 4. Shark Genius Hard Floor Cleaning System Steam Mop
- 2.7 5. Roborock S5 Robotic Vacuum and Mop Cleaner
- 2.8 6. PUPPYOO A9 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- 3 Key Benefits Of Vacuum And Mop Combo For Laminate Floors
- 4 How To Use a Vacuum Steam Mop Combo?
- 5 Things To Consider Before Buying Your Best Vacuum And Mop Combo For Laminate Floors
- 6 Frequently asked questions(FAQs)
- 7 In Conclusion
Quick Look: Top 6 Best Vacuum And Mop Combo For Laminate Floors
- Best Picks: BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop
- Best Vacuum Mop Combo: Steam Mop Cleaner Thermidor 10-in-1
- Best For Laminate Floor: Shark S3501 Steam Pocket Mop Hard Floor Cleaner
- Best Hardwood Floor Vacuum: Shark Genius Hard Floor Cleaning System
- Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaner: Roborock S5 Robotic Vacuum and Mop Cleaner
- Best Cordless Vacuum Cleaner: PUPPYOO A9 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Just what is a vacuum steam mop combo?
If you have not yet come across this clever cleaning device, they will amaze you at how this innovative piece of cleaning equipment works.
The best vacuum and steam cleaner combo seamlessly combines the dust-sucking performance of a vacuum cleaner with the sanitizing power of a steam cleaner.
It is surprising that this combination has to be thought of before as the best mop combo for laminate floors offers an unrivaled level of cleaning and convenience.
These floor cleaning tools offer a fast and effective way of cleaning your hard flooring, with pet hair and dust sucked right up before thoroughly steam cleaning your flooring with the detergents of your choice.
Not only is this type of cleaning incredibly simple, but it is quick, with your floors being dry and ready to use within minutes. No more will you have to stoop with a dustpan and brush or sweep or even vacuum your floor.
With the best vacuum and steam mop combo, you simply have one handy stick cleaner to roll across your flooring for an exceptionally clean.
For cleaning your flooring, you have a variety of options that span both daily cleaning:
- Dustpan and brush
- Bucket and rag
- Broom or manual floor sweeper
- Steam cleaner
- Carpet shampooer
- Vacuum Cleaner
Types Of Vacuum And Mop Combo For Laminate Floors
Most of us are familiar with getting the vacuum cleaner out to do the floors regularly. They are the basic go-to option to get your floors reliably clear of the daily build-up of dirt and detritus that comes from daily life in your home.
They are quick, convenient, and highly efficient, and the market has expanded to include a wide variety of vacuum cleaner types, including:
- Handheld vacuum cleaner
- Canister vacuum cleaner
- Upright vacuum cleaner
- Shop vacuum cleaner
- Wet/dry vacuum cleaner
- Carpet shampooer
- Vacuum Steam Mop Combo
The Vacuum Steam Mop Combo is coming to the fore as the ultimate solution for fast, effective deep cleaning with the convenience of an everyday stick vacuum.
In this handy resource, we explore what a vacuum steam mop combo is, how to use it, and the top picks for this ingenious new home cleaning tool. Read on to explore the best mop combo purchasing options and more!
We have searched high and low across the market for the vacuum steam mop combo for your home and cleaning routine.
It is a great time to buy one of these cleaners right now because the leading home cleaning manufacturers have released some excellent designs which really take this new cleaning technology to its limits.
Our round-up of the top six spans the best vacuum steam mop models that provide all-around performance and value to a typical homeowner. Without further ado, let’s get stuck in!
1. BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop
Home flooring experts BISSEL have entered the market with this upgraded steam mop, which lacks a vacuum but offers 3-in-1 steam cleaning for a superb finish to your flooring.
With this attractively designed stick cleaner, you get all the benefits of steam to clean hygienically your sealed hard flooring by killing 99.9% of germs without the use of chemicals.
The model carries 3 steam settings with high, medium, and low steam levels that allow you to tailor your cleaning to your flooring type.
A carpet glider, scrubbers, and swivel steering make light work on a range of surfaces and you can add the included spring breeze cleaning disc for a bit of fragrance after you clean.
I delivered the unit with many accessory tools, including:
- a fabric steamer
- an angle concentrator tool
- a grout tool
- red bristle scrub brush
…and more, meaning the Power fresh Steam Mop delivers excellent cleaning all over the home. We recommend this steam mop in particular for these surface types: Ceramic, Sealed Hardwood, Linoleum, Granite, and Marble, which again means that we can put it to use in most homes.
This steam mop has had a grand reception with over eleven thousand sales on Amazon, but we divide opinion on its utility and performance.
Most reviewers were using the steam mop as part of their regular cleaning routine. Reviews were positive, with 69% being 5 stars on Amazon, but product malfunctions or premature failures were the main reasons for a poor review.
- Well-known home cleaning brand.
- Multiple steam cleaning settings.
- Additional attachments and adaptations for other household cleaning tasks.
- It does not include a vacuum function.
- There have been reported cases of premature product failure.
- Some users reported streaking and stains.
- One reviewer reported cracking of the machine.
2. Steam Mop Cleaner Therma Pro 10-in-1
The ThermaPro delivers exceptional household cleaning with an all rounder product that tackles dirt and stains head-on. Built with quality components for longevity, this steam mop provides fast and effective steam cleaning with a 340ml reservoir and built-in handheld cleaner.
We can readily use this tool as a steam cleaner, steam mop, carpet cleaner, garment cleaner, glass cleaner, and more.
The sanitizing steam it generates can kill 99.9% of bacteria without chemicals and the variable setting means that hardwood or laminate flooring can be gently steam cleaned.
- This steam mop comes with the following feature and benefits:
- This mop just requires 30 seconds for the water to heat and you are ready to go!
- They provide the unit with a range of accessories for cleaning all around the home including, clothing and grout cleaning.
- Microfiber steam mop replacement pads provide gentle but effective surface cleaning for a range of hard floorings.
This steam mop cleaner lacks the vacuum function but makes up for it with its 10-in-1 utility. It appears to be a reliable model and performs well in a range of settings.
It is enjoying great popularity online despite it not being a vacuum steam mop cleaner with thousands of positive ratings on Amazon.
- Quick, convenient and effective cleaning.
- Use all over the home – grout cleaning is especially well rated.
- The handheld option makes detailing floors and other surfaces simple.
- The small cleaning pad supplied requires changing often.
- Product failures include failure to heat up or pump the steam and falling apart sometimes.
- One reviewer reported cracking of the casing and water tank.
3. Shark Steam Pocket Mop Hard Floor Cleaner
Shark ninja has enjoyed great popularity for its innovative range of floor cleaning products and with the Steam Pocket Mop Pro, they deliver their take on efficient steam cleaning for the home.
This is very much a generic product and boasts steam on-demand with the 99.9% chemical-free sanitization of most similar products on the market.
Its Klick-n-Flip device means you can clean with both sides of this steam mop with clever double-sided cleaning pads with Dirt Grip technology that makes quick work of a variety of surfaces.
Steam blast technology and swivel steering mean that this product does just exactly what it set out to do – clean and sanitize your floors quickly and thoroughly.
This steam mop does little beyond performing as a steam mop. It is clear the manufacturer has put effort into doing this single task well, with the added utility on the pads and steam pump.
- Clever design allows you to flip your cleaning pad for greater utility and ease.
- Hand controlled pump for instant availability of steam where and when you need it.
- Steam blast mode powers through stubborn floor staining.
- This is just a steam mop and lacks any other uses in the home.
- Negative reviews report that this model does not adequately clean.
- Cases of this steam mop breaking down within a few uses from the original purchase.
4. Shark Genius Hard Floor Cleaning System Steam Mop
Ninja Shark is clearly looking for the whole of market coverage with its range of steam mops designed for versatile hard floor cleaning stick steam mops.
While not a vacuum combo, this model makes light work of floors with its special direct steam channeling system that distributes steam throughout the pockets of the washable cleaning pads for an effective clean of a wide variety of flooring types.
It operates on 3 steam settings and boasts steam blaster technology that can power through ingrained dirt and stains with ease.
This steam mop has a generous cleaning zone, meaning that you will get your floor clean quickly. The 350ml water tank provides a good volume of steam for your task. The mop features touch-free technology, meaning that you can remove your cleaning pad without handling it.
This is a high-end steam mop from Shark and is attractively designed and built for hassle-free floor cleaning and a little more. As the name states, it is part of a cleaning system and will need specific cleaning pads to work optimally.
Because it is very specific about what it will do for your floors and delivers positive purchaser ratings are higher than the other products reviewed so far.
- Multiple steam settings and an additional steam boost for powerful cleaning.
- A custom-designed cleaning pad really distributes the steam.
- You can clean with both sides of the mop pad and then dispose of it hands-free.
- It is a simple steam mop and offers no other utility.
- Product failures and breakage and cracking have been reported, as with the other models reviewed.
5. Roborock S5 Robotic Vacuum and Mop Cleaner
Head into the future with this ingenious cordless vacuum steam mop combo cleaner that does all the hard work while you put your feet up.
This neat robot can not only vacuum dirt and debris on its mapped and zoned patrol of your flooring but with the addition of the attachable water tank, it will mop too.
This model uses advanced laser mapping technology to scan your property as it cleans and can be controlled and monitored from an app on your smartphone.
For Amazon aficionados, this robot is Alexa compatible, meaning that you will have the most futuristic home on the block.
This is a high-end steam mop from Shark and is attractively designed and built for hassle-free floor cleaning and a little more.
As the name states, it is part of a cleaning system and will need specific cleaning pads to work optimally.
Because it is very specific about what it will do for your floors and delivers positive purchaser ratings are higher than the other products reviewed so far.
- This clever model combines mopping and vacuuming in one unit
- It is automated, meaning you don’t have to even be home for the robot to be doing your cleaning
- App control means you can track your newfound cleaning efficiency
- The mopping is not steam-powered and cannot replace a regular deep clean
- Programming and software glitches can put your robot mop out of action.
6. PUPPYOO A9 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
If you have found your ideal steam mop but still need the dust and dirt-busting power of a vacuum cleaner, a stick vacuum is a worthwhile investment to have on hand for regular floor cleaning.
The PUPPYOO stick vacuum is a handy stick vacuum cleaner that performs well and has great reviews online.
Its powerful 2200mAh battery means that you can get to vacuum everywhere without being cumbered by a long cable. Its 2-in-1 design means you can easily flip from stick to handheld unit, which is great for your car if needed.
It also has two power settings; one for regular dust and pet hair and a high setting for stubborn stains. The PUPPYOO is well-rated for hard floors and carpets, meaning it will complement a steam mop brilliantly.
This cordless vac has reliable battery power and attachments, meaning it can compete as an all-around home vac.
- Great user-friendly features such as a one-button empty dust cup and rotating ground brush.
- Readily switch from stick to handheld for ease of use and portability around your home.
- Several reviewers have complained about the level of suction with this stick vacuum.
Key Benefits Of Vacuum And Mop Combo For Laminate Floors
This list is not exhaustive, but covers just a few of the most important benefits of using the vacuum steam mop cleaner in your home. Advantages of using these cleaners include:
Someone widely recognized steam as a superior substance for disinfecting and sanitizing surfaces. This cleaner superhets water to the boiling point and releases the steam at pressure against the surface as it rolls over it.
Germs of all kinds cannot withstand the heat of the steam and are neutralized and cleansed from your flooring. This is an ideal solution for pet soiling where you want to be absolutely sure that none of the foul stainings remains.
Someone constantly surprised owners of these home flooring cleaners by how quickly a vacuum steam mop combo gets your floors to a pristine condition.
The combination of vacuuming and steam cleaning means you are simultaneously lifting dirt and dust while deep cleaning the floor. You are essentially completing two jobs in one which means you will enjoy a much better clean in far less time.
Purify The Air
With HEPA filtration a typical feature on many of these models, you will purify your air of allergens and dust as you clean effectively, which is especially helpful for people with allergies, sensitivities, and breathing problems.
Using just powerful steam will eliminate a range of toxic chemicals that can make home cleaning a nightmare for people with sensitive skin and breathing problems.
Remarkably, this simple cleaner can get your floors so clean without a product, but the combination of vacuum and steam cleaning boosts its effect.
Lift dust and particulate matter of your flooring quickly.
Carpet really absorbs and hides a lot of the dust and debris that hit the floor in day-to-day living. If you own a hard floor of any kind, you will well know how quickly hair, matted crumbs, and particles build up on the floor, especially under furnishings and behind cupboards.
The beauty of the vacuum steam mop combo is that the vacuum will lift this dirt up quickly as you sanitize, meaning that you don’t need to spend ages brushing or vacuuming your floor before cleaning it.
Neutralize Pests, Insects, And Mites
Steam is the ideal choice for extinguishing the mites, eggs, and insects that make your flooring their home. Hot steam leaves these creatures no place to hide and if the vacuum does not whisk away from them, they certainly cannot stand against the strength of boiling hot steam.
No more stooping and bending with that old dustpan and brush or failing to get your kid to do the sweeping.
Just get on with properly cleaning your floor at standing height with one of these excellent stick cleaners that provide confidence that you are giving your floor the going over it needs.
Most of our designs offer an accessible and adjustable handle, meaning that your floor cleaning will be as easy as possible.
How To Use a Vacuum Steam Mop Combo?
These vacuum steam mop combo cleaners are typically quick and easy to use once you are familiar with their operation.
- Most models carry a removable clean water tank that will need to be filled with the specified amount of cold water.
- Some vacuum steam mop combos allow you to add detergents to your tank.
- Clear your area to be cleaned of furnishings that may obstruct the use of the cleaner.
- Check your flooring for its water resistance prior to use
- Keep the handle in hand as you use the vacuum steam mop combo, cleaning backward towards the door of your room to prevent your footprints from spoiling your clean.
- Hold the appliance at a 60-degree angle and clean by moving the cleaner back and forth as you do when vacuuming.
Things To Consider Before Buying Your Best Vacuum And Mop Combo For Laminate Floors
With this new design, you are really getting 2 appliances for the price of one, but the best performance will be on suitable hard flooring rather than carpet and other flooring types.
Before you buy, you need to be sure that you will get the best value out of the product because of the amount of suitable flooring you have available for cleaning. See the FAQs below for the flooring types. A vacuum steam mop combo will work best with.
Here are some key things to consider before buying the vacuum steam mop combo:
- Vacuum steam mop combo cleaners are retailing online for $150 and upwards, depending on the model and its specifications and extra. Search widely to see the best hard floor cleaner you can get for your budget and perhaps a higher spec individual vacuum cleaner or steam mop is better value.
- A vacuum steam mop combo delivers value if they used it on a regular basis for a large area of flooring.
- The combination appliance should provide convenience and ease of use or you may as well use separate appliances for vacuuming and steam cleaning.
- If you have a particular preference for the steam mop function or need a vacuum, it is probably best to purchase a single appliance your household will actually use.
- Product failures and breakdowns are always possible and so you want to be sure that you can secure a no-haggle replacement or repair.
Frequently asked questions(FAQs)
Can I use the vacuum steam mop combo models on all my flooring?
Someone primarily designed these steam cleaning vacuums for waterproof hard flooring. I mean them for domestic cleaning and provide a great finish to your floors when used regularly and appropriately. A vacuum steam mop combo is the ideal choice for a range of flooring types, including:
- Vinyl flooring
- Varnished parquet
- Enamelled tiles
- Sealed stone
Where can I not use a vacuum steam mop combo?
Not all flooring is suitable for even the best vacuum steam mop combo. Avoid using these cleaning tools on these types of flooring:
- Hardwood flooring
- Laminate flooring
- Softwood flooring
- Unsealed tile and stone
- Cork flooring
This is because the vacuum mop combo can damage these flooring types. The heat and moisture of steam can swell and warp laminate and wood flooring or soak a carpet and not dry adequately, producing mold.
Stone flooring can respond badly to moisture that can combine with sweat, dirt, and other chemicals to erode it. Despite this, we still think that every home will have flooring areas that will benefit from the best vacuum mops for laminate floors.
With the rise in popularity of hard flooring options, there has been a definite demand for cleaning systems and tools that will effectively clean in a quick and convenient way.
Steam cleaning technology has become widely adopted, and it is highly likely that the best vacuum and mop combo for laminate floors will lead the market as the combination of a steam mop and the vacuum cleaner is ideal for daily traffic on most home flooring.
These solutions are presently expensive, but steam mops are increasing in their versatility as an all-around home cleaner, meaning they are still a great purchase for most householders. Stick and cordless vacuums are also great for utility look for products that perform well and function in multiple ways.
- Can I Use Roomba on Laminate Floors?: https://smarthomestarter.com/can-i-use-roomba-on-laminate-floors/
- 9 Laminate Floor Mistakes and How to Fix Them: https://www.thespruce.com/laminate-floor-mistakes-and-solutions-1900254