How would it feel owning your glistering swimming pool? Well, it would be a dream come true, but thinking of cleaning it makes it look messy. But in our day to day lives technology has come to play a significant role in such sectors. The invention of the suction side pool cleaner has come to save you.
The suction pool cleaners have made the messiness bliss. These equipment do save a lot of considerable time. Suction pool cleaners are described as pool skimmers. The cleaner is usually attached to the suction surface and sucks up the dirt and debris in the swimming pool. It is powered through pressure.
After which the water is sucked by the pump in the various parts of the pool. The water is then filtered in a different channel of the pipe. The dirt and debris get clustered in the filter keeping your pool in a clean and safe condition. The suction pool cleaners are of different types. There are different types of suction pool cleaners.
It will all depend on your budget and also the kind of suction pool cleaner you want. Suction pool cleaners do not require a lot of procedures. Once connected and dropped into the water, they become autonomous, and the cleaning is underway. You do not have to attach them to the pool’s circulation system or pump.
There are Two Different Types of Pool Cleaners;
- The suction pool cleaner
- The pressure pool cleaner
The difference between the suction cleaner and pressure cleaner is that pressure cleaners have bags. The bags are on the top of the cleaners where the debris is collected. Suction cleaners use your main pump filtration pump. It sucks the trash, which is later returned to the pump basket.
- 1 Circulation of The Swimming Pool
- 2 Installing The Suction Pool Cleaner
- 3 How Do Suction Pool Cleaner Work?
- 4 Advantages of a Suction Pool Cleaner
- 5 Importance of Pool Cleaning
- 6 How Suction Pool Cleaners Should Be Maintained?
- 7 Taking good Care of the Suction Side Pool Cleaner
- 8 Are Suction Pool Cleaners Moving Slowly?
- 9 Troubleshooting Tips for Suction Pool Cleaners
- 10 Storing The Suction Pool Cleaner
- 11 Pros of Using a Suction Pool Cleaner
- 12 Some Parts are Easily Repaired, and Some Parts are Very Affordable.
Circulation of The Swimming Pool
It is of importance to learn the flow of the swimming pool before choosing an automatic cleaner.
Learning the flow of circulation is also of importance because the pool cleaners do interact with the filtration system and the pool circulation. Keeping the water in the pool moving is a part of helping in cleaning the pool.
Who wants to swim in stagnant water? The swimming pool should have a system that moves the circulation moving. The water will be kept swimmable and filtered.
The following are steps to keep the water circulating;
- It starts at the skimmer where the water is sucked. It then ends at the jet where water is then pumped back.
- The pumps then pull water into the skimmer and go through pipes at the pool filter. The filter then catches gunk and sediment as the water passes. The freshly cleaned water is then pushed to the pipes and back to the pool.
It is ideally good to run the pool pump the whole day, but it would be costly. The other option is to let it run for 12 hours every day. The 12 hours a day will make the water circulate at least once every day.
Installing The Suction Pool Cleaner
There are several steps to follow, but when you have done it once or twice, you will be an expert in it.
- Turn the pump off
- Vacuum the pool and clean the pump and filter basket.
- Run the pump for around five minutes to clear lines after the cleaning. After running the pump around, turn the pump off.
- Close the pools main drain lines
- The return lines are then aimed downwards
- Then install wall fittings to the return lines or valves assembly in the skimmer.
- The hose is laid across the pool. It goes from the skimmer or return lines to the wall in the far corner. Trim the tube or remove the part to remove the excess length.
- The leader hose is then attached to the hoses cleaners end.
- The hose is then submerged allowing the water to fill
- The suction pool cleaner is then submerged so as to fill the water.
- Install the hose if the model has the flow valve regulator.
- The last step is to allow the cleaner to submerge into the floor of the pool. Turn the pools pump on and let the suction pool cleaner get into working.
How Do Suction Pool Cleaner Work?
After installing the pool suction, the next step is to understand how they work.
The first step is the existing pump system drawing water from the different sections of the pool through the few pipes. The water is then directed to the outlets by pumps that are just next to the filter. It is then taken through pipes and to the filters.
Next, is the filters churning the water back to the different types of pipes? The water is usually concentrated in separate sections of the pool. The above two steps keep the water clean and fresh.
Thirdly, plug the installed suction pool into the existing system. The pump creates a suction of which powers the vacuum is making it move around. It runs around the pool, and cleanup is then done at the bottom.
Advantages of a Suction Pool Cleaner
Installing the suction cleaner is a cheap method of cleaning the pool. There are no complex installations required. The water is directed into the filter, thus making it the best for cleaning small-scaled debris. Certain pool cleaners do come with the advantage of scrubbing the walls of the pools when plugged in.
Importance of Pool Cleaning
Who would like to dive into the pool and come out with leaves all over the body? Having the debris in the pool is a nuisance. It can also have bacteria and algae created. The chemical balance will be offset when you have bacterial and algae in the pool. This will require you to use more chemicals, and that will affect your budget, making it higher. The simple thing of doing is taking care of the pool.
How Suction Pool Cleaners Should Be Maintained?
- Empty the filter canister a lot of times as it will fill with the debris from vacuums.
- Some suction cleaners have canisters within lines for trapping the large debris before the filter canisters get full. If yours is having one, then make sure you empty it a lot.
- All brushes, wheels, and inlets should trap debris after their uses. Anything junking up or affecting the works should be removed. In some of the models, this means opening up the body and accessing the engine. You should have no worries, and the engine is not like that of a car. They are just little paddles helping in sucking up the debris.
- Do check replacing the cleaning areas on the suction cleaner. This could mean footpads, filters, and brushes, but this could depend on the model.
The variations of the designs of suction cleaners, it is of great importance to be familiar with the maintenance recommendations and parts diagram. This information is found in the manual.
It is advisable to store the pool hoses flat as they won’t develop kinks.
Taking good Care of the Suction Side Pool Cleaner
There is not much work to be done in taking care of and maintaining the suction pool cleaner. The following are tips to help in taking care of the suction pool cleaner.
- Pull out your suction pool before you shock the pool or even swim in the pool
- Run your cleaner long enough to satisfy you. In order to reduce the wear, run it for around 1-3 hours every day.
- Store your hose and head carefully. Store it away from direct sunlight and away from harm’s way.
- Lay the hose flat for longer storing and disconnecting the hose parts also plays a significant role.
Are Suction Pool Cleaners Moving Slowly?
- Make sure filters are clean and the water flowing as required by starting to check on the pump basket for the debris.
- To not suck the air in the pump, do turn the throat of the cleaner and turn the cleaner holding your cleaner’s head under the water.
- It is also advisable to look at both ends for any clogging and obstructions.
- Check the hose connections and the hose parts for obstructions, holes or splits.
- Look for an inline leaf trap in case the pool has a lot of leaves. The pool suction cleaner can be overwhelmed by the massive volume of the leaves. In such a case, leaf nets should be used to scoop the large debris very slowly out of the bottoms pool.
Suction pool cleaners are customarily sold for the above ground pools and in-ground pools. The meaning of this is that the suction cleaners are sized. They are sized to the pump pool. The pump cannot be potent to move your inground models if you own an above-ground pump.
Just the same as having an inground suction pool pump, all it does is overpowering the in round suction cleaners. The in-ground plaster suction pools do need an in-ground cleaner model that is built to stand through rough plastered surfaces.
Troubleshooting Tips for Suction Pool Cleaners
Your suction pool cleaner is not functioning quite, right? Most issues should be fixable on your own. The following are some tips for troubleshooting the suction pool cleaner.
Your suction pool cleaner isn’t correctly sitting on the floor? Check on the pressure. Hold the cleaner below the surface of the pool with the pump running. You will use the flow gauge or wheel rotations depending on which model you have. Adjust the pressure as per the pool cleaners’ instruction.
Does the hose become kink? Lay your hose under the sun for the day or just flush the hose with water that is hot. The hot temperature will make the plastic softer. Once it is on a flat lying position, do store it in a supine position so as not to get kinks.
Storing The Suction Pool Cleaner
After closing the pool, winter storage will be a breeze. All connectors and hoses should be disassembled. Water should be drained in the hoses and cleaner. After this process does lay flat, the hoses. The cleaner and the hoses should be stored away from direct sunlight. If there is the presence of the disk cleaner do put it in the disk in a flat position
Pros of Using a Suction Pool Cleaner
Suction pool cleaners are appreciated for the work they do on keeping the floors pool clean. They help on the floor because they usually sit near the surface.
Suction pool cleaners usually are less expensive compared to the robotic and pressure cleaners. Other priced suction pool cleaners exist. They can be very expensive compared to some robotic and pressure cleaners.
The suction pool cleaners run off suction from the main circulatory pump and do not require extra equipment. This means that there is no much cost used in electricity household bills.
Some Parts are Easily Repaired, and Some Parts are Very Affordable.
To rinse off the chemical water suction pool cleaners should be placed out of the swimming pool while shocking. The reality of the matter is that nobody follows these steps. Nobody leaves them in pools 24/7. The meaning of this is that you are not messing around with the pool cleaner a lot.
The pool cleaners came to make work easier. They do cleaning to the swimming pool in a much easier and faster way. Suction pool cleaners are also very cost-effective. They will help you save instead of using other methods of cleaning, which are more expensive.
The suction cleaners should be stored and kept in the right manner. Storing will help the suction pool cleaner last for a more extended period. The suction pool cleaners come with different varieties, and depending on your desire, choose the one pleasing you.
The pressure washer pool cleaners can be an option to suction pool cleaners. Who wouldn’t feel excellent diving in a clean swimming pool? Get yourself that suction side pool cleaner and take good care of your swimming pool.
I’m John Martell who has a passion towards making the lives of other people better. Throughout my life experiences, I have learned numerous techniques, which can be used to make other people better. You will, therefore, be able to follow the techniques that we offer and get the most out of what we can provide to you in the long run. That’s the main reason why I decided to start this blog as well. You can go through this blog and see how I’m helping you to get your cleaning work done in an effective and efficient manner.
Go ahead and contact me if you have anything to ask. I’m more than happy to listen to you and provide you with the support and assistance that you need.